Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thanks...I think.

They say God never puts more on you than you can bear. If that's the case, I appreciate the compliment, God--you must think I'm the world's strongest woman.

Long story short, I bought a short-term insurance policy to cover me after my mom's insurance policy on me ran out. I went to the doctor twice, and somehow managed to amass over $1000 in charges--$700 of which I have to pay out of pocket. I've tried my hardest to get out of it, but Anthem won't budge. I swear, insurance companies have it made: you pay them for the policy and the deductible, and if they don't think they've made enough money they start charging out-of-network fees or denying claims based on the smallest technicalities. They've got the best hustle on the block.

Anyhow, I've stressed and cried and practically ripped my hair out in frustration over this situation, but what's done is done and there's nothing I can do to change it now. I will get through this. I'm just taking it as a compliment from God--He obviously thinks I can handle the pressure.

PS (SS, I heard this song yesterday and it reminded me of you. I haven't been able to get it--or you--out of my head, especially since I know you like Beyonce as much as I do. :) Oh, and thanks for making me feel precious. You are a wonderful man.)



Three Good Things:
  • I just set up a payment plan for this $700 medical bill, so I have a year to pay it off (interest free).
  • I should be receiving my first check from my part-time job pretty soon, and I'll be working there this weekend to earn a few more bucks.
  • After months of impatient waiting and incessant cravings, I FINALLY GOT TO EAT AT IHOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment