Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Great Feeling

Psalm 3:

"O Lord, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
Many are saying of me,
'God will not deliver him.'

But you are a shield around me, O Lord;
you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
To the Lord I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.

I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side.

Arise, O Lord!
Deliver me, O my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.

From the Lord comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people."

When I first read this passage, I felt something within me respond. Though I don't have an angry mob of people surrounding me, sometimes negative feelings and general worries do try to bring me down. I finally realize that everything I worry about and stress over is nothing to God; all of the problems that are too large for me are an easy fix for Him. I'm the type of person who worries over EVERYTHING--I'm a Virgo; that's just what we do. But now I'm trying to teach myself that anything I can't solve, God can. And that's a great feeling. :)

This doesn't mean that I'm going to spend excessively, neglect my work obligations, and just wild out in general. I'm just going to do my best to behave responsibly, and know that God will take care of the rest for me. I hope y'all have a wonderful day!

Three Good Things:
  • I only have half a day at the office today (I've got a doctor's appointment this afternoon).
  • I drank some delicious hot chocolate this morning.
  • I got caught up on my sleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment