Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Black Girl

If you guys know me at all, you know I'm a huge Twitter fan. I'm constantly tweeting what I'm doing, where I am, and what I'm thinking, and I'm always trying to get others to do the same. Heck, there's even a Twitter widget on this blog. (Look to the left. Now down just a bit...see it? Good. And if you don't have a Twitter account, get one NOW! And then request to follow me. Thanks.)

One of my good friends and favorite poets, Saeed Jones, is one of the few people I consider a bigger Twitter junkie than myself. He's constantly tweeting about his poetry, his friends, and just the things that he feels need to be said. One of his tweets was something he re-posted from one of his friends. It said one thing over and over: happyblackgirl.

For my whole live I've been a certain "type" of black girl: the smart black girl, the sexy black girl, the sassy black girl, the lonely black girl, and (one of my least favorite) the "white" black girl. But now I'm claiming the title of "happy black girl" for myself. I finally feel happy and fulfilled. I love my family, my friends, my job, my apartment...my life. Right now things are exactly where they need to be and I have to thank God for that.



Three Good Things:
  • It's snowing and it's BEAUTIFUL.
  • I'm having dinner tonight with a close friend (but I'll make sure my diet stays in check).
  • SS made it safely to California for the national championship game--GO LONGHORNS!

No comments:

Post a Comment