Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Move it, Football Head!"

Do you remember the show 'Hey Arnold'? It was a cartoon that aired on Nickelodeon in the 90s--you know, football-headed kid and his friends living in the city? Well, I love that show; I've got the first two seasons on dvd and hope to get the next three soon (feel free to send me some money for that).

Anyway, the character Helga was obsessed with Arnold; she was desperately in love with the kid. But she kept it a secret and, as far as I know, never told him how she felt about him. I was watching the show today and a thought occurred to me: Why didn't Helga just tell Arnold how she felt, tell him the truth? I wonder if things would have turned out differently. Maybe Arnold would have ended up liking her too. Sorry if this is random, but the thought just came into my head and I felt like sharing. :)

Today was a pretty nice day. I ran a few errands in the morning, then spent most of the afternoon watching 'Dexter: Season 1'. I made myself dinner, painted my nails--overall a very nice evening. It was just missing one thing (and if you guessed SS, you're right). I think about him a lot; he's something I've been waiting for for a long time. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up about him, though--just take things as they come and let God lead the way. God knows what he's doing, and I'm just going to put my faith in Him--he's never steered me wrong before.

Three Good Things:
  • I will hopefully start my part-time job this week to make some extra money.
  • I only smudged one nail when I painted them today (a vast improvement, trust me).
  • Church tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment