Monday, January 4, 2010

"Take a deep breath, girl."

Whew! Hectic is a VAST understatement for what's been going on at work today. The phone's been ringing off the hook, my desk is completely covered in paperwork--typical Monday-after-a-holiday hysteria. Things have finally started to slow down (knock on wood), so I thought I'd take a few minutes to let you know what's been going on.

After last night's meltdown and a few encouraging words from someone special, I'm feeling much better. In keeping with the advice of an extremely wise and amazingly gorgeous man, I will now list three good things about my life/day at the end of every post. This is a great way to count my blessings and give myself an instant mood lift. So, here goes!

Three Good Things:
  • I got free pizza for lunch today at work.
  • It's supposed to snow this weekend.
  • I have been craving pickles for the past two days, so I'm going to buy myself a jar after work today.
I'm planning on just staying in tonight; I'll probably watch a movie, wash my hair, read more of my GRE prep book, and clean up my apartment a bit. Hopefully I'll get to bed a bit earlier to catch up on the sleep I missed last night. Speaking of missing sleep, the fact that I couldn't fall asleep last night seems like a bad thing, right? But I used the time that I was awake to read my bible, and I found a verse that really spoke to me:

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will also show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men." Lamentations 3: 19-27, 31-33

See? I'm getting better at looking on the bright side already. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment