Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Clean Up Woman

I'm starting to think that me updating this blog so often is a curse as well as a blessing. Granted, I'm keeping up you up to date with all the things that are going on in my life, but I'm starting to run out of things to write about. I don't want to bore you to death with all the droll details of my ordinary life, so please let me know if things start getting trite and I'll try to spice things up a bit. How, I'm not sure yet, but I promise you I'll try.

Today I started keeping a food journal of all the things I eat. It's really beneficial to see all the calories you take in written down on paper--you can't deny them when they're in black and white. My problem is that I forget to write stuff down. Hopefully I won't have this issue forever (it's only my first day writing in the damn thing) and keeping this food diary will help me lose the few extra pounds I've been complaining about.

One of my main reasons for wanting to lose a few is because of the traveling I hope to do in the next few months. Speech nationals are in April, and I have to look my best if my former DOF (Director of Forensics) asks me to come and judge for them. I REFUSE to have my former competitors look and me and whisper amongst themselves about how fat I've gotten. (Not that I think I'm fat, but five pounds always looks like 10 to the people who haven't seen you in a while.) I really hope I get to go to nationals with the team; I miss speech more than I can say. I also need to see the people that I love from the circuit--I miss my speech boos!

Speaking of boos...well, sort-of boos (maybe), I was invited by SS* yesterday to fly out for his college graduation in May. Needless to say I'm ridiculously excited about this, and even looked up a few flights today while I was at work. I'm hesitant to book one, though, at least until I get confirmation details from him. I also need to save up some money to pay for it. Do you know how much flights cost these days??? Too damn much! I do hope things work out though; I'm really looking forward to sharing a really important moment with someone I really care for. Plus, the town he lives in has an Ihop, where I'll probably put back on all the weight I plan to lose. Strawberry banana pancakes are my weakness, y'all.

But hopefully I'll have some extra cash pretty soon; I got a part-time job today. I haven't actually been hired yet (I have to take a drug test tomorrow and wait for those results to come back) but I'm extremely confident I'll get the job. The position would be cleaning up the basketball arena on campus after games and concerts; I know how to use a mop and broom--plus I have a bachelors' degree--so I definitely feel qualified for the job. The downside? Cleaning from 9 p.m. to midnight--or later. But the lack of sleep will be more than worth the extra cash. And it's not like I haven't lived off 4 hours of sleep before. Remember senior year of college, when I had a full-time management job, was both a speech team member AND a prophyte in my sorority? Yeah. I do too. I didn't go to college so I could clean up after people, but I'm humble--there are plenty of people who would love to have this job or ANY job.

So that's what's been happening in my life thus far. I'm about to do a workout video in my living room (don't laugh) and then just relax at home for the rest of the night. If anything pops off, you'll be the first to know. Oh, and I'm also posting a fun song for you--I heard it on AOL Radio earlier and it's been stuck in my head all day!

Three Good Things:
  • I'm actually looking forward to working out right now.
  • A lady at work complimented my nail polish today (I told SS that pink was a good color!)
  • If the weather is too bad tomorrow, the office will be closed a.k.a. I won't have to go to work!


*Since I always refer to this gentleman as "someone special," I'm going to make his formal name Someone Special (or SS) for the purposes of this blog. I would just say his name, but I don't want all my bidness out in the streets. Plus, he knows who he is. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment