Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's Going On

I'm back! Finally, I've got some time to tell you what's been going on as of late. It feels like I've been going 100 mph since Saturday, so it's nice to be able to relax and recount all the recent happenings in my life.

I finished the final part of my application to the SSA, and I should hear something back from them by March 5. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get this job; I love the work I'm doing now, but I'm just not making enough money doing it. If I get this new job, I'll be able to quit my part-time job and not have to spend 2-3 nights a week cleaning up other people's garbage.

Speaking of my part-time job, I had one of the worst nights ever there on Saturday night. There was a high school cheerleading competition, and we were there from 6 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. cleaning up. I found two dirty diapers while I was cleaning--disgusting! Actually, that's not just disgusting, but bad parenting--who changes their child's diaper in front of God and everybody at some cheerleading competition?!? That's wrong on a whole lot of levels. But we eventually got the place cleaned up, so I guess that's good.

My job held it's annual Chocolate Festival on Sunday, which was great. I was a bit sleep-deprived (see the above paragraph for further explanation) but I practically ate my weight in chocolate and that totally made up for the lack of sleep. There were cakes, desserts, ice creams, and my favorite--chocolate fondue. We also made a lot of money for our organization, which was fantastic. I wish we could have a chocolate festival every week! :)

Also, I have a boyfriend now. I'm choosing to keep most of the information about this part of my life private from now on, but know that I'm really happy. He's very chill; I don't feel like I have to censor or edit any part of myself when I'm around him. He accepts me, flaws and all, and that's something that I've never had before. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this.

I will be judging NFA Nationals for my alma mater (I love saying that, lol) in April. I'm excited about seeing all of my former competitors and all of the great material that made it to nats. I'm going to start saving money to buy some nationals outfits--I can't look trashy in front of all those people who are used to seeing me in suits all the time. :) It should be a good time, and Corn will be there, so at least I'll have someone to act a fool with whenever we're not judging.

And that's about it so far. I'll make sure to keep y'all posted on the job and all the other happenings in my life. I love having this place to say what I feel when I need too; it's awesome. Thanks for listening. :)



Three Good Things:
  • I made $75 yesterday.
  • I'm going to start working out or walking or something--I've been lazy for too long.
  • So far I've avoided the bug that's been going around the office (knock on wood).

No comments:

Post a Comment