Thursday, February 11, 2010

The best kind of strange. :)

Hello all. It's been almost a week since my last post, and all I can say is that baby girl has been BUSY. Work, more work, and trying (unsuccessfully) to catch up on all the sleep I've missed from work and more work has kept me more than occupied. But here's an update on La Vida de Ashley--finally.

My interview on Monday went well. I met with a panel of four people and they asked me questions about my work skills, life plans, the usual. They also let me know about how the job works and what would be expected of me. Apparently it's a job with lots of pressure--from clients as well as coworkers and employers. I feel like I can handle that. Hell, for a salary increase of over $10,000 I can handle just about anything. I'm still waiting to hear back from them; they told me it would be at least a week before they made a decision. I'm getting my reference forms out now. All prayers about this would be greatly appreciated. :)

I've been hanging out with my friend Chad a lot, which has been very fun. Yesterday we made lunch and goofed off at my best friend Katie's--I had a snow day from work and it was awesome to be able to chill with friends and just relax for a day. He's taking me to Nashville tomorrow--I'm his "valentine," lol--to a vaudeville show and dinner. I've never seen anything like vaudeville before, so I'm pretty pumped. He's really cool, so I know we'll have fun. Hopefully I'll remember to take my camera (and my batteries won't die) so I'll be able to post pictures.

There's more I want to say, but I'm choosing to keep my thoughts to myself for now. Just know that I'm the happiest I've been in quite some time. I'm the ultimate worrier, so I can't help but think that things won't go my way on this one. But I'm trying really hard to just relax and think positively.



Three Good Things:
  • Snow day--and excellent lunch--with great friends yesterday.
  • Vaudeville adventure in Nashville tomorrow.
  • Spending quality time with a beautiful soul who is "the best kind of strange" tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment