Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"This ain't a fairytale..."

I just finished re-reading Twilight last night. I know, I'm a nerd. But I'm a cute nerd, so back off. Anyway, the story of Edward and Bella is breathtakingly beautiful. The fact that they fight to be together despite his...situation is really sweet to me. Even though I know it's all made up and would probably never happen in real life, it's nice to make believe sometimes.

I've always wanted some handsome prince to swoop in and take me away--true love, riding off into the sunset. Of course, I quickly outgrew that fantasy when my string of relationships ended more like nightmares than dreams. I'm still holding out hope that the man God made for me is out there somewhere. I'm probably just not ready for him yet. Someday, though, it will happen. And though it won't be perfect--no relationship is perfect--it will be something brought together by God. And that's all I need it to be.

I was thinking about where the inspiration for this post came from, and I just realized I'm writing this because I want to be kissed. That's it. No one has kissed me in quite some time. I'm flushing with embarrassment just writing this, but if I can't say what I want here, where can I? I want a man to kiss me...and mean it. Not because I asked him to, not because he thinks he's gonna get laid if he does, but because he wants to show me how he feels about me. I doubt it's going to happen any time in the near future, but I'm cool with that. A girl can imagine. :)



Three Good Things:
  • I finally cleaned up my kitchen last night! (Tonight I'm tackling the living room and bathroom.)
  • I had my first Gigi's cupcake yesterday--I now know where most of my paychecks will be spent.
  • I'm canceling my credit cards this week...my first step toward getting out of debt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment