Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Time for me to do it...

On my own. As the culmination of my college career draws nearer, I've started thinking what it means to be an "adult." I know about jobs, bills, and all of those things, but what else will adulthood have in store for me? I keep thinking about all the places and people that I'm destined to meet during this life. It seems like just yesterday that I was turning 13 during my freshman year of high school, thinking 21 was light years away.

When looking to the future I've also found myself thinking about the present, the people and things that currently exist in my life. Some of them I intend to keep with me throughout my journey, others I'm leaving behind. It's deciding what goes where that's the hardest part. I'm really starting to rethink how I make my decisions; I'm scrutinizing more closely than ever who I let in my life and my heart. Maybe that's the secret to being an adult--recognizing that it's time to leave childhood behind and take full responsibility for the life you lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment