Sunday, January 11, 2009

Amen...

After weeks of not hearing my cell phone alarm clock, I finally woke up in time for that Southern Sunday ritual--church. I'm not an overly religious person by any means, but I do believe that someone has a plan for all of us and that by showing compassion and love for one another, we can go to a place of eternal peace. And that, it seems, is where I struggle.

I love the Lord, but to love fellow human beings in the way that God loves me is hard sometimes. I tend to hold grudges, and learning to let go and let God is one of the lessons I struggle with daily. But how can you not hold people to the same standards that you hold yourself? I try to be as considerate to others as possible, and it bothers me (sometimes for weeks for months afterward) when others don't do the same. But I'm learning that God has a plan for everyone, that the only true judgment comes from Him, and that I have to focus on making myself the best person I can be before I can cast my eyes upon anyone else.

With that said, I'm going to finish my cereal and head to church. Hopefully today's sermon will speak to me and help me become the person I know I can be. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment