Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Time to Try

I made the decision today that I'm going to try harder. Not at any particular thing, but in life in general. I feel like I always work hard for the things I think are important: work, school, and stuff like that. But I don't really try on the small things in life, things that I've always wanted to happen for me that just don't seem to work.

For instance, I'll decide I'm going to make my bed every morning. I'll do it for a week or two...and then nothing. Or putting on makeup. Or exercising a few times a week. Or wearing outfits that are a bit more stylish. I convince myself that things are trivial and no one really cares if I do them or not. I tell myself that no one sees my room but me, and no one really cares what I look like or wear...but I do. I care about those things, and I'm going to try to do better at them.

I can't help the way I am about some things. I put the needs of others before my own all the time, but still they think I'm condescending or mean. I speak my mind, and sometimes that can come off as harsh, but I can't really change that. Instead, I'm going to focus on the things I can change--not for anyone else, but for myself.

Three Good Things:
  • Finished two great library books.
  • Slowly gathering boxes for packing my things.
  • Had a great weekend with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment