Thursday, July 22, 2010

Takin' Care of Business

Remember when I told you I had a billion things to do in preparation for my move to Wisconsin? Well...most of them are done. I got super productive (or super paranoid, your choice) and spent the first part of the week making plans and doing research for the relocation. I've hired movers in BG and Madison, reserved a Uhaul, and set up a weekend trip to fly up and look at apartments. Hopefully I'll find one then, and I'll be all set!

Granted there are a few loose ends left to tie up; I still don't know if I'll have to pay the $2,000 to break my lease, and I need to find a good hair salon and pet sitter in Madison. But those are things I can easily take care of when I get up there for good. I also need to get a heavy coat and some boots for the winter that will be there (from what I've heard) before I know it.

I was really scared about making this move, but now I'm not. Fear is a tool the devil uses to keep us from receiving the blessings God wants us to have. God wouldn't have given me this wonderful opportunity if He didn't intend on watching over me through the process.

I'll keep you posted as things happen, and I'll definitely let you know what happens on my apartment-hunting trip in August. I'm so excited--things are really looking up!

Three Good Things:
  • I'm finally caught up on of the donor letters I've been needing to print.
  • Leftover potstickers for lunch today.
  • I've got the ENTIRE WEEKEND OFF, and I'm spending it with my favorite people--my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment