Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Beer and Cheese State?

So it's settled...I'm moving to Wisconsin! I got the job I was praying for and I've never been happier. God came through for me in so many ways: a wonderful new job opportunity, a fantastic future salary, and a family who will support me through it all. My mom is really excited about my new job; I'm going to miss being just an hour away, but I know that this move will be the best thing for me.

But with the excitement came a lot of nervousness and worrying. It will cost about $2,000 to break my lease on my apartment. I've got to pay for all of my moving costs (but my new company will reimburse me on my first paycheck). All in all, I need about $3,500 up front to pay for the move. Luckily, I got a personal loan for that amount yesterday, so I'm breathing a bit easier about that. However, I've still got to put in notice at my jobs, pack all of my things, get a Uhaul, and find an apartment once I get to Wisconsin. A lot to do, but I'm sure everything will work out great.

My last day in Kentucky will be September 20th, right after my birthday. I'm working six days a week at my part-time to make money, and I'm writing articles to earn some extra cash too. I'll keep you all posted on my progress--I'm so excited!

Three Good Things:
  • I get my personal loan on Monday or Tuesday.
  • My new job has FREE health insurance, and the dental insurance is cheap, so I can finally get my dental work done!
  • I don't have to be at my part-time job until 2 today, which gives me some times to finish a few chores and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment