Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Make it last forever...

Everyone I know is getting married. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen--all of the girls at work, people I went to high school with, everyone I come in CONTACT with is engaged, for the love of everything! And I feel so...left out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to get hitched just yet. I can barely take care of myself, so how on God's green earth am I supposed to take care of someone else? I just miss...romance. Waking up next to someone, going through your day with them by your side, falling asleep in their arms at night...then waking up and doing it all again. I know that's the chick flick, Danielle Steele, movie-star-picture-perfect version of love that doesn't exist in real life, but what can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic.

I'm dating someone right now who lives 3,000 miles away. Needless to say, waking up next to him is impossible at this point. But I'm looking forward to seeing where things go. He's a great guy, and I'm lucky to have him. But I'm nowhere near ready for marriage right now. I still have to figure out who I am before I can commit myself to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment