Sunday, March 29, 2009

Writing it down...

I've finally overcome one of the biggest hurdles of my adult life...writing poetry. I've been convinced that my words are shitty and that people will laugh at me when they read them. Actually, I still am. But putting my thoughts on paper (or Microsoft Word, to be more precise) makes me feel better.

Though I am noticing a trend. A significant portion of my poetry thus far has been slightly, well, depressing. I just write what I happen to be thinking at the time--I got out of the shower with the quickness this morning to write some things down--but I don't feel depressed necessarily. Maybe it's just my current situation and heightened stress level. Hopefully I'll have some happy poems to post for y'all soon.

Be blessed.

(Oh, and make sure you check out PostSecret today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment