Wednesday, March 25, 2009

She works hard for the money...or she would if she could find a job.

Today I'm heading to the annual job fair hosted on my school's campus. I feel prepared enough: 25 copies of my resume, freshly pressed suit, perfect hair and flawless makeup. Inside, though, I'm a little unsure. We're in a recession, and I'm worried that there won't be any full-time openings for a gal fresh out of undergrad. I'm trying not to worry about it too much, but you know how I am--"worry" should be my middle name.

Not only that, but I had a bit of an accident with my car and it will cost $1300 to fix. Before your eyes fall out of your head (mine almost did) the price is so high because I'm not reporting it to my insurance. And before you ask why, I'm not reporting it to my insurance because I'm not telling my mother until after I get it fixed. Not just because I'm afraid that she'll kill me (which I am to an extent) but because she pays most of my car insurance and I don't want the insurance to go up. She's going to be getting a foster child very soon, they're laying people off left and right at her job, and she has to pay all of her bills herself. I don't want her to pay for my mistake, so I'm paying for it myself. I'm trying to do the adult thing and take responsibility for my actions.

So now I'm pinching pennies like no one's business and hoping to have it paid off as quickly as possible. I had an idea that being a grown up would be expensive, but this is ridiculous. Wish me luck at the job fair; I'll update you on how it went as soon as I can.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reverting back to childhood myself...I sit at the dinner table and throw broccoli at my wife... she knows I'm a retard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel you on that job fair stuff man i went to one in Detroit and it was packed with people and i mean the line was streching like people were trying to get into a flying club or something, but i wish you luck with that job and the car shit cuz it's tough out here

    ReplyDelete