Saturday, March 6, 2010

What's Going On

I'm writing this post from underneath a hooded hair dryer in the comfort of my bedroom. For all the black girls out there, this is no surprise. Most women of color I know have all the hairdressing accoutrements to start their own beauty shops. Hair is a big deal to us. But I digress. It's time for the update I promised y'all.

I still don't know anything about the job I'm up for, but I should know by next week. I called yesterday and was told that they are waiting for paperwork to come back from their regional office and that they'd let us know just as soon as they knew something. I'm relieved, but nervous at the same time. I really, really want this job...but I'll just have to wait and see. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

I've been working my part-time job every night this week, so I've been lacking a bit in the sleep department. I can't wait to quit; the extra money is enough to make me stay, but I would love not to have to clean up after fully capable adults every night of my life. It makes me not even want to clean up my own house. I think everyone should have to do this job at some point in his or her life (just like I think people should have to work in a daycare--preferably a ghetto daycare--before they have kids). I've got a newfound respect for people who clean, and I'm the first person to grab my trash and toss it so someone else doesn't have to now.

My boyfriend is excellent. We...mesh well. He's weird, and so am I, and that works for us. There hasn't been a day that I haven't seen him since we started dating. This part of my life is good. :) I've got two friends staying with me while their dorms are closed for spring break, and I'm looking forward to having some company in the house--especially these two. They're wild! I've got a slight medical issue (there's something wrong with my leg), but hopefully I'll be able to get it looked at sometime next week. It's kind of hard to explain, so I'll just let you know what's up when I find out what the hell it is.

Everything else is going well so far; I can't complain at all. I wish I had more to tell you, but there isn't too much going on right now. The weather is beautiful, so after my hair is finished I'm heading out to enjoy it before I have to work tonight. Have a great weekend!

Three Good Things:
  • I've got a day off from both jobs tomorrow, so the boyfriend and I are going to spend the whole day together.
  • I went an entire week without breaking a single nail (a vast improvement, as I had to have seven repaired last week).
  • My hair is almost dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment